auntsally-myinfo

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Sky's the Limit

I've been advised by a well meaning friend to join the WAG (Writer's Adventure Group) to spur me on and unblock my current writer's block. This week's assignment is The Sky's the Limit. So, here goes...

The sky beckons and I wait impatiently as dusk turns to darkness. A warm magenta brushes against cool grey-blue and wisps of cloud swirl at the wind's discretion as the sun sinks lower and lower. Such gentleness then abruptly burns orange into the horizon. And I stand awestruck, anticipating darkness to cover me with a ceiling that will soon sparkle with the light of the stars.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Wow! Love it!!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Criss L. Cox said...

Beautiful!

I like "wisps of cloud swirl at the wind's discretion."

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What I like about it is the VERB-ness. :) There's stuff happenin'!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Nancy J. Parra said...

Very cool!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Um... I could have sworn you already posted the second one. Didn't you just read it to us yesterday? And weren't you reading it from a printout of your blog? Hmmmm? Do I need to come over there today and give blog instructions?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home